Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I don't remember where I found this recipe but this is the best meatloaf I have ever had!
- 1 egg
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 lb Italian sausage (course or ground)
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 cup Italian-style tomato sauce
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 4 cups Italian-style tomato sauce, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl beat egg.
- add ground beef, sausage, bread crumbs, tomato sauce, onion, and peppers and combine.
- halve mixture into two meatloaf pans.
- Bake uncovered for about 2 hours.
- Drain fat from pan and let cool down.
- serve with additional Italian Tomato Sauce.
This is my family's favorite meatloaf hands down. No matter how many times I make it or what type of ground meat I use. I buy what is on sale and it is always good.
I brought this meatloaf to an Italian pot luck at church. Lots of people loved it. It's easy, very tasty and moist, without being too spicy. I bought a 28 oz. can of Italian tomato sauce. I added a small can of tomato paste to the remaining sauce before reheating the sliced meatloaf.
This recipe is good. But note that the dish taste much better the next day.