Best Meatloaf Recipe Ever (And Easiest!)
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 0.5 (1 ounce) package dry hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup prepared stuffing, Pepperidge farm blue bag, NOT CUBED
- 1 (6 ounce) can French-fried onions
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef (approx)
- ketchup, for topping- see below
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Put meat, french fried onions, and stuffing in bowl. Mix eggs, ketchup, and ranch dressing together separately (easier this way), then dump over other ingredients (meat, stuffing, onions). Mix all together. Shape into loaf (or whatever shape you want) and put on a cookie sheet. (Helps to line cookie sheet with tin foil first- easier clean up). Cover loosely with tin foil and bake 50-60 minutes. Remove foil and top with ketchup, or any topping sauce you like, for the last ten minutes.
- Let cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting.
- **I just want to note that in most ovens, the bottom of this loaf burns. I don't know why, I've tried and tried to keep it from happening to no avail. However, it doesn't matter, I just cut burnt part off, doesn't effect the rest of the loaf. Also, I don't use a loaf pan for this one, because it will be too greasy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is certainly not the best meatloaf recipe ever and not the easiest. It does burn on the bottom despite the use of parchment paper suggested by one reviewer. That's a big problem. It also falls apart when you slice it despite letting the loaf rest for ten minutes plus. That makes serving it difficult. My suggestion? Try another recipe.