Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
From Cooking Light March 2006
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup fat free tomato basil pasta sauce, divided
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup shredded fresh parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large egg whites
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine beef, 1/2 cup pasta sauce, and remaining ingredients except cooking spray in a large bowl.
- Shape beef mixture into an 8 x 4-inch loaf on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
- Brush remaining 1/2 cup pasta sauce over top of meat loaf.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a thermometer registers 160°.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Cut loaf into 12 slices.