From Gooseberry Patch More Gifts for Giving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup dried pinto bean
- 1/2 cup dried pink beans
- 1/2 cup dried kidney beans
- 1 cup small bow tie pasta, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon instant minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1Layer beans in order listed in a 1-quart wide-mouth jar; set aside.
- 2Place pasta in a plastic zip-lock bag; gently pack on top of beans; secure lid.
- 3Place the remaining ingredients in a small plastic zip-lock bag or small jar; pack both jars or jar and zip-lock bag together in a basket; include cooking instructions.
- 4Cooking instructions: set the spice mixture and pasta aside; pour the beans in a mixing bowl; rinse with water and drain.
- 5Cover the beans with water; let soak overnight; rinse, drain, and pour into a 5-quart Dutch oven; add in 8 cups water, a 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes, seasonings in jar or bag, 1 cup sliced carrots, 1 cup sliced celery, 1 cup chopped onions.
- 6Bring to a boil; lower heat, and simmer, covered, for 2 hours.
- 7Uncover and gently boil until thickened (about 35 minutes).
- 8Stir in pasta; heat about 10 minutes or until pasta is tender.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Soup Mix in a Jar
Serving Size: 1 (1543 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 605.5
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.9 mg
- Sodium 2160.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 120.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 24.3 g
- Sugars 24.1 g
- Protein 31.0 g