1/3 Photos of Italian Shredded Beef
3 hrs 45 mins
3 hrs 30 mins
Michelle S.'s Note:
Another delicious recipe from my friend Hazel. When she served this everyone around the table was going "mmmmm"! I have served this MANY times and always get asked for the recipe when I do. This isn't a fast recipe, but well worth the time it takes to make it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown the beef in a small amount of oil until nice and brown.
- 2Add the remaining ingredients.
- 3Simmer until the beef is very tender and starts to shred, a MINIMUM of 3 hours.
- 4Check as it simmers to make sure it doesn't dry out.
- 5Adding more water, wine, or beef broth as needed.
- 6But not until necessary.
- 7Serve on crusty hard rolls.
- 8We sometimes like to add sauteed pepper strips and a slice of Provolone cheese.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Shredded Beef
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 30.5
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.1 mg
- Sodium 306.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 0.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Italian salad dressing mix