Recipe by Amy in Hawaii
This recipe makes a meaty thick spaghetti sauce that freezes well and great for potlucks or any day.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole tomatoes, diced
- 2 (8 ounce) cans mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 6 cups water
- 3 (1 1/2 ounce) packages spaghetti sauce mix
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh Italian parsley
- 2 lbs Italian sausages (hot or mild)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large stockpot.
- Saute garlic, onion, and celery until onions are translucent. Add bell pepper and continue to cook 2 minutes more.
- Stir in ground beef and continue to stir fry until meat is browned. Drain off excess fat.
- Add all the canned goods, water, spaghetti mix, Worcestershire sauce, and parsley. Stir until well blended.
- Cut sausages into one inch pieces and add to the pot. Bring to a boil; then reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes or until sauce has thickened and sausages are cooked stirring occasionally.