Amy in Hawaii's Note:
This recipe makes a meaty thick spaghetti sauce that freezes well and great for potlucks or any day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole tomatoes, diced
- 2 (8 ounce) cans mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 6 cups water
- 3 (1 1/2 ounce) packages spaghetti sauce mix
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 bunch fresh Italian parsley
- 2 lbs Italian sausages (hot or mild)
- 1Heat olive oil and butter in a large stockpot.
- 2Saute garlic, onion, and celery until onions are translucent. Add bell pepper and continue to cook 2 minutes more.
- 3Stir in ground beef and continue to stir fry until meat is browned. Drain off excess fat.
- 4Add all the canned goods, water, spaghetti mix, Worcestershire sauce, and parsley. Stir until well blended.
- 5Cut sausages into one inch pieces and add to the pot. Bring to a boil; then reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes or until sauce has thickened and sausages are cooked stirring occasionally.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Sausage Spaghetti Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 330.4
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 59.7 mg
- Sodium 1454.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 19.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
spaghetti sauce mix
fresh Italian parsley