Recipe by LisaA
My family raves about this dish and is constantly requesting it. It takes a bit of work but it is so good! If you want to impress someone this is the dish!
Top Review by gertc96
My family and I enjoyed this. I did have to add a bit more seasoning to the sauce. I used 1 lb of the sausage and 1/2 lb of ground beef. Thanks for sharing. Made for Zaar Cookbook tag game.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage link
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 lb egg noodles
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef and sweet Italian sausage.
- Add garlic, salt, onion and tomato sauce.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- While that simmers, mix together cream cheese and sour cream.
- Cook noodles.
- Coat a 9x13 inch cooking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Layer in pan: 1/3 of sauce, 1/2 noodles, 1/2 cream cheese mixture, 1/2 mozzarella cheese, cover with 1/3 more sauce, remaining noodles, cream cheese, mozzarella cheese and sauce.
- Bake at 350 degrees, uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cover and let sit 10 minutes.