1/8 Photos of Italian Sausage Melt
Lori Mama's Note:
This very tasty and only five ingredients. Adapted from Fast Fix Five Ingredient cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the broiler.
- 2Sauté sausage on medium high heat breaking them up as you go. Cook until no longer pink, about 8-10 minute.
- 3Drain on paper towel.
- 4Discard fat from pan.
- 5In same pan over medium heat cook peppers for 10 minutes or until brown edges form.
- 6Return sausage to pan along with the sauce and simmer until almost all the liquid has evaporated.
- 7Transfer into bowl and add 1/2 cup of the cheese.
- 8Place the bun halves on broiler pan.
- 9Divide and spread the sausage mixture on the halves.
- 10Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 11Broil until bubbling and bread is crisp.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Sausage Melt
Serving Size: 1 (333 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1344.3
- Calories from Fat 792
- Total Fat 88.0 g
- Saturated Fat 34.8 g
- Cholesterol 199.6 mg
- Sodium 4266.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 25.4 g
- Protein 70.5 g