Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I picked this up from the Stater Bros Menu Butler program. I only tried it once but with white rice and it turned out very mushy but tasty.
- 5 1⁄4 cups canned tomatoes, italian ready cut (I used S&W Diced with Garlic, Oregano & Basil)
- 3⁄4 lb turkey sausage, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth (I used Swanson with less sodium)
- 1⁄3 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cups brown rice (cook according to pkg dir.)
- Cook the rice according to package directions.
- In a large skillet saute the turkey sausage.
- Add the tomoatoes, broth and pepper.
- Stir in the rice, cover and cook on low heat for 5-8 minutes.
- Stir the Rice until all liquid is absorbed.