Prep 15 mins
Cook 33 mins
A hearty tasty soup, garlic toast on the side is perfect!
- 8 links mild Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1 (1 lb) can diced tomato
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 3⁄4 cups beef broth
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans (drained)
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 6 teaspoons parmesan cheese
- Remove casings and crumble sausages into a 3-4 quart sauce pan.
- Cook stirring until brown, add onion and cook until begins to brown.
- Spoon/drain off sausage drippings.
- Add garlic, peppers, seasoning, tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth and kidney beans.
- Bring to a bubble, cover and reduce heat, simmer 30 minutes.
- Stir in wine and cook uncovered 3 minutes, salt to taste.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.