Recipe by Bergy
Radicchio is the wild chicory of Italy and has two seasons - Winter & Summer so it is very popular! The red color of the radicchio and the creamy white of the fennel makes this a very attractive, tasty salad
Top Review by Ilysse
I just realized, I forgot the sugar. It didn't need it lol. This was wonderful. Even Mike loved it and he doesn't like fennel or radicchio. I did ad some pecorino romano cheese to the mix and rather than arranging artistically I just tossed it all. Very nice, I will be making again. Next time I'll try the sugar. Thanks for a great salad.
- 1 head radicchio
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 ounce black olives
- 1⁄4 cup lite olive oil (or other veggie oil)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 anchovy, filet
- 3 black olives, pitted
- salt & pepper
- 1 pinch sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean the fennel Bulb, cut off the top leaves and the rough bottom.
- Cut the bulb into 1/2" strips.
- Arrange Lettuce, olives and fennel artistically on a serving plate.
- Combine in a blender or food processor the dressing ingredients, blend& process 10 seconds.
- Season with salt and a dash of sugar.
- Pour over the salad& serve.