Recipe by sams1
An interesting recipe from years ago. Have not made it for ages - posting to preserve.
- 1 small onion, peeled and diced
- 30 g butter
- 300 g beef mince, cooked
- 400 g tomatoes, chopped
- 3 olives, sliced
- 30 g seedless raisins
- 500 g mashed potatoes
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion in butter until soft.
- Add the meat, olives, raisons and tomatoes bring to a boil. (if mix is too liquid cornflour mix can be added to thicken).
- Pour half the mix into a casserole dish.
- Arrange the eggs length ways on the mix, cover with remaining mixture.
- Top with mashed potatoes and brush with a little milk.
- Bake in a moderate hot oven for 30 minutes.