Italian Potato Pie
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1 (9 inch) pie shells, unbaked
- 1 lb Italian sausage, bulk
- 1 cup cottage cheese, small curd
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups potatoes, mashed, prepared with out milk and butter, warm
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons melted butter
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Line unpricked crust with a double thickness of heavy duty foil.
- Bake at 450 for 7 minutes.
- Reduce oven heat to 350.
- Brown sausage and drain well.
- Place cottage cheese and egg into blender and process until smooth.
- Stir into potatoes along with the sour cream and seasonings.
- Place sausage in paster shell and top with potatoes.
- Drizzle with butter.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until set.
- Sprinkle with cheese and let stand until melted.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a wife and homeschooling mother of 2 beautiful and rowdy little boys. Recipes have always facinated me and I'll admit that I read more of them than I try. I'm in no way, shape or form a chef. I just enjoy simple down home cooking and comfort foods. We travel all over the country with my husband's job and this has provided a wonderful opportunity to get a "taste" for each region. I have been in 37 states and have enjoyed a little of each one, but Pennsylvania will always be home.