1/2 Photos of Italian Pasta and Bean Soup
1 hr 30 mins
This hearty soup is just bursting with savory flavor - which is surprising considering how easy it is to make! I make it in the morning and then cool it and put it in the frig until about 30 minutes before dinner. While I'm warming the soup up, I cook my noodles.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, with liquid
- 4 (10 ounce) cans chicken broth (Campbell Soup)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb bulk sausage, thoroughly cooked
- 8 ounces penne pasta, cooked
- parmesan cheese
- 1Saute first 3 ingredients in large pot until onions are very tender.
- 2Add next 6 ingredients and simmer for about 20-30 minutes. Cool and store in frig for at least a couple of hours. Reheat and simmer for about 30 minutes before serving.
- 3Place cooked Penne noodles in bottom of soup bowl and ladle soup over noodles.
- 4Liberally sprinkle Parmesan Cheese on soup. (I like to add cheese, stir soup and add more!).
- 5Serve with French Bread or rolls.
- 6Note: Because I do not want the noodles to soak up the juice in my leftover soup, I do NOT add noodles directly to soup pot.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Pasta and Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (637 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1001.1
- Calories from Fat 347
- Total Fat 38.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 82.8 mg
- Sodium 2006.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 117.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 23.2 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 50.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: