Crock Pot Chicken and Bean Soup
photo by jonesies
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 10mins
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- salt, if needed, to taste
- Place all ingredients in a slow-cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was really good! I had about 3 1/2 cups of cooked, frozen chicken, which I threw into the crockpot frozen. I added a total of 6 cups of broth and used Ro-tel diced tomatoes for some kick, but followed the rest of the ingredients the same. Cooked on low for 8 hours. Topped w/a Mexi-blend of cheese prior to serving and crushed tortilla chips. Tasted great before the cheese and tortillas as well. Great recipe....easy and versitile. Thanks, Marcie!
see 1 more reviews