This recipe came from Flavors of Puglia by Nancy Harmon Jenkins. It is easy to make and delicious. I like to serve it with a tossed salad.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix the potato chunks in a bowl with half the olive oil, half the parsley, and a generous amount of salt and pepper.
- Toss to coat well, then spread over the bottom of a large roasting pan large enough to hold all the potatoes in one layer.
- In the same bowl, mix the chicken parts with the remaining oil and parsley and more salt and pepper, again stirring to coat well.
- Arrange the chicken over the top of the potatoes, skin side down.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes, remove chicken pieces to a plate, stir the potatoes, and replace the chicken pieces, skin side up.
- Return to oven for an additional 30 minutes.
- The chicken is done when crisp and brown and the potatoes should be roasted to a fine golden color.