1/2 Photos of Italian Oven-Roasted Chicken and Potatoes
1 hr 30 mins
Margie in NJ's Note:
This recipe came from Flavors of Puglia by Nancy Harmon Jenkins. It is easy to make and delicious. I like to serve it with a tossed salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Mix the potato chunks in a bowl with half the olive oil, half the parsley, and a generous amount of salt and pepper.
- 3Toss to coat well, then spread over the bottom of a large roasting pan large enough to hold all the potatoes in one layer.
- 4In the same bowl, mix the chicken parts with the remaining oil and parsley and more salt and pepper, again stirring to coat well.
- 5Arrange the chicken over the top of the potatoes, skin side down.
- 6Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes, remove chicken pieces to a plate, stir the potatoes, and replace the chicken pieces, skin side up.
- 7Return to oven for an additional 30 minutes.
- 8The chicken is done when crisp and brown and the potatoes should be roasted to a fine golden color.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Oven-Roasted Chicken and Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (828 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1971.7
- Calories from Fat 1148
- Total Fat 127.5 g
- Saturated Fat 31.1 g
- Cholesterol 453.5 mg
- Sodium 456.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.3 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 121.9 g