Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Great way to start the day, recipe of a family friend.
Make and share this Italian Omelet recipe from Food.com.
- 1 teaspoon butter or 1 teaspoon oil, in non-stick skillet
- 2 -3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3 -4 ounces Italian sausage
- 1 tablespoon diced bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon diced onion
- 1 slice provolone cheese or 1 slice monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1 ounce parmigiano
- Saute pepper and onions.
- Scramble eggs, pour into buttered skillet.
- Cook to your disired doneness.
- Top with sauted vegetables and cheese.
- Fold egg over toppings.
- Serve hot.
Made this for My 3 Chef's Game-08 with my Italian theme. Had it for breakfast this morning and DH was so impressed. I used 4 eggs as there are 2 of us and it made for a very large omelette that we then cut to share. Other than that followed the recipe exactly and wouldn't change a thing. Very nice blend of flavors that we enjoyed with hot coffee and toast. Just right for a quite weekend breakfast.