My family often requests this for supper.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- In an 8-inch nonstick skillet, saute mushrooms and zucchini in 2 tablespoons butter until tender; remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, melt remaining butter.
- In a bowl, beat eggs, water, salt, and pepper.
- Pour into the skillet; cook over medium heat.
- As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath.
- When eggs are nearly set, spoon vegetable mixture over half of the omelet; sprinkle with cheese.
- Fold omelet in half over filling.
- Cover and cook for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve over omelet.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Very lovely tasty omelet. I had some nice photos of it and I lost them all but will make this again and be sure to take photos. I didn't add any zucchini. I enjoy an omelete and this is one to be repeated again 7 May 2010 Made again - This is a treat of an omelet Once again I left out the zucchini but still enjoyed it Mmmm 27 May 2010 And made yet again - with zucchini this time - Mmmmmmm Can't go wrong with this recipe