Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 1⁄3 cups bread flour
- 4 teaspoons powdered milk
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 4 tablespoons stuffed green olives, well drained and chopped
- Add ingredients into breadmachine pan in order recommended by manufacturer.
- Choose basic cycle, and press start.
- Add olives at the add-in beep, or 5 minutes before the end of the final knead.
I made this bread a few hours ago and it is gone already,my husband ate almost the whole loaf by himself,I thought it was delicious too,being made in a bread machine it was very easy to make,the hard part was smelling it and waiting to eat it,it smelled wonderful.I made it exactly like the recipe said,but I think next time I will put a little garlic in it.I would give it a 5 star rating
I substituted nutritional yeast for the milk powder to veganize this, and black instead of green olives, and it turned out absolutely fantastic.
I have a large bread machine that does 2lb loaves. Both times I have made it it has overflowed my bread machine and made a huge mess. I have followed the instructions to a T and still poor results. I am disappointed as I was looking forward to trying the bread UPDATE: I originally gave this recipe a 1 star rating for the above mentioned reasons. I then started to make the dough in the bread machine and bake in the oven. This is my hubbies favorite bread. He spreads cream cheese on it and devours it.