Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a great way to prepare mushrooms. A very tasty side dish that goes well with most main dishes. We love it with chicken and pork.
- 1 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 cup grated pecorino romano cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
- black pepper, totaste
- 2 lbs fresh mushrooms, sliced
- extra virgin olive oil
- Combine bread crumbs, Romano cheese, parsley, garlic and black pepper, mixing lightly.
- In 2 quart caserole prepared with vegetable cooking spray, alternately layer mushrooms and crumb mixture, ending with crumbs.
- Drizzle with oil.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350*F for 45 minutes, stirring mushrooms occasionally.
FABULOUS!! My husband took one bit and said "5 stars" and he's tough with ratings. I made this recipe because a previous reviewer stated it reminded them of fried mushrooms (which I love)! My husband has never had them and doesn't have them to compare to but felt this was fantastic! The flavor was great....my only complaint was the lack of olive oil measurements given in the recipe. I think I ended up putting in a lot more olive oil than needed (which detracts from the health/calorie factor) because I was fearful they wouldn't "moisten" up each time I stirred them. Precise measurements would be helpful to allow others to veer from them to their individual tastes. Other than that...true winner! I used garlic seasoned bread crumbs and added about 5 cloves of garlic. YUM!! Will DEFINITELY make this one again! Paired this tonight with #284601.
Had some mushrooms that I needed to use before they went bad & this recipe was perfect. I drizzled EVOO in between the layers so it wouldn't be too dry. Thanks MarieAlice! This one is a keeper.
I made this for Pick a chef, it was good. Next time I want to add a bit more garlic and maybe cubed butter in place of the oil. My daughter and I love mushrooms so we were happy with these. I also did use seasoned bread crumbs. THanks for posting!!