Recipe by Julie421511
This recipe comes from the Joy of Cooking cook book. These meatballs are tasty and a staple in my kitchen. They are perfect for a quick dinner at home or perfect for entertaining. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons dry red wine (optional)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients up to the dried oregano with your hands.
- Scoop out mixture in heaping tablespoons and form into 2-inch balls.
- Dredge the meatballs in the flour.
- Heat in a large skillet over medium heat the 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Brown the meatballs in batches.
- Place in baking pan and cook in a preheated 375 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Or, if desired finish cooking in the sauce of your choice.