Delicious Yorkshire Pudding
photo by kiwidutch
- Ready In:
- Sift into a bowl the flour and salt.
- Stir in the milk.
- Beat the eggs and stir them into the batter.
- Add the water.
- Beat the batter until large bubbles rise to the surface.
- Have ready a hot muffin tin containing about 1/4" oil or melted butter.
- Pour in the batter and bake in preheated 400 F oven for approx 20 minute
- Some cooks recommend 350 F for 30 minute.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was lovely... I would make a few changes if I made this again though as I think it *could* have been even better: mainly in that a few of the Yorkshire Puds were quite heavy. By far the best ones were the ones where I filled the muffin cups with far less mixture, they were REALLY light and wonderful, the rest were tasty but lacked the wow factor. I made this for the TAG game and held off tagging it because I have Yorkshire pudding recipe that I inherited from a former Zaar member Mean Chef... and just *knew* that I would be forced to compare the two. I am trying to be as fair as possible in this review and not put down this recipe in any way, but to be really honest I don't feel that this recipe beats the one I inherited. I has the oil in my pans so hot it was almost smoking and you could hear the sizzle as the mixture hit the muffin pans. I cooke mine for 20 minutes on 200 C (= 400 F). Please see my rating system: 4 stars for a lovely recipe that I was pleased to try. Thanks!