Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Southern Living.
- 1 (8 ounce) packagelarge elbow macaroni
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs, divided
- 1 (10 ounce) package white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 4 large plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- To make the Tomato-Basil topping: stir together all the ingredients; set aside.
- Cook macaroni by following the package directions; drain and set aside.
- Coat a 13x9 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup breadcrumbs evenly over the bottom of the baking dish; tilt dish to coat sides evenly with breadcrumbs.
- Layer 1/3 macaroni, 1/3 shredded cheese, and 1/3 of the remaining 1/4 cup breadcrumbs in the baking dish.
- Repeat layers twice, ending with breadcrumbs.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and next 3 ingredients; pour evenly over layered mixture.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 55-60 minutes or until golden and set.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle evenly with Tomato-Basil Topping.