1/2 Photos of Italian Honey Balls (Pignolata or Struffoli)
1 hr 15 mins
Vicki in CT's Note:
Delectable sweets from Italy. Perfectly crunchy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup whole almond
- 1Mix dough ingredients well. Knead on floured board. Let dough rest for a while.
- 2Roll dough into 1/4 inch thick pieces.
- 3Cut dough into 1/4 strips and roll thin (thinner than a pencil).
- 4Cut off pieces of rolls making tiny pieces (smaller than peas).
- 5Deep fry in oil. Drain well on paper towels.
- 6Meanwhile heat honey and sugar. Boil for 15 minutes.
- 7Stir hot syrup into dough pieces. Stir in almonds.
- 8Using finger tips dipped in ice water carefully pour mixture onto board. Make into individual size cirles (golf ball size).
- 9Warning this is very hot so use cooled fingers and spatula to shape but you must work quickly as it hardens quickly.
- 10Some put sprinkles on top but that is optional.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Honey Balls (Pignolata or Struffoli)
Serving Size: 1 (36 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 125.7
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 21.1 mg
- Sodium 27.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 16.2 g
- Protein 2.5 g