Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
Delectable sweets from Italy. Perfectly crunchy.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- canola oil
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup whole almond
- Mix dough ingredients well. Knead on floured board. Let dough rest for a while.
- Roll dough into 1/4 inch thick pieces.
- Cut dough into 1/4 strips and roll thin (thinner than a pencil).
- Cut off pieces of rolls making tiny pieces (smaller than peas).
- Deep fry in oil. Drain well on paper towels.
- Meanwhile heat honey and sugar. Boil for 15 minutes.
- Stir hot syrup into dough pieces. Stir in almonds.
- Using finger tips dipped in ice water carefully pour mixture onto board. Make into individual size cirles (golf ball size).
- Warning this is very hot so use cooled fingers and spatula to shape but you must work quickly as it hardens quickly.
- Some put sprinkles on top but that is optional.