Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a delicious cheesy ground beef casserole topped with crescent rolls and then baked. If desired you may double up on the tomato sauce. Also, I usually add/mix the cooked pasta with a few tablespoons of oil and a couple tablespoons of Parmesan cheese before layering in the bottom of the dish.
- 680.38 g lean ground beef
- 59.14-78.07 ml chopped onion
- 14.79-29.58 ml chopped fresh garlic
- 29.58-44.37 ml grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- seasoning salt and black pepper
- 226.79 g can tomato sauce (can use two if desired)
- 25 g package spaghetti sauce mix
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 591.47 ml grated mozzarella cheese
- 235 g package refrigerated crescent dinner rolls (8 pieces)
- 44.37 ml melted butter
- 78.07-118.29 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 709.77 ml cooked pasta (penne or rigatoni pasta is good, make certain not to overcook the pasta)
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Layer the cooked pasta in the bottom of the baking dish.
- In a fry pan, brown the ground beef, onion and garlic until the beef is no longer pink; drain fat.
- Add in the 2-3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese; mix to combine.
- Spread the cooked ground beef mixture over the cooked pasta in the dish.
- Spread the tomato sauce on top of the ground beef, then sprinkle with the dry spaghetti mix.
- Spread the sour cream over all, and top with the grated mozzarella cheese.
- Unroll the crescent roll dough, and spread over the mozzarella cheese.
- Drizzle with the melted butter and sprinkle with 1/3 - 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
My SUPER picky husband loves this! We just use spaghetti sauce (like ragu) instead if the canned tomato sauce and mix. We mix the spaghetti sauce with the sour cream to make one less step of layering! He does not like onion so we omit that, and I added to small cans of mushrooms to the sauce! It is delicious! Quick and easy too! Thanks!
It was pretty good. I enjoyed it, but my husband thought it was ok. He thought it was a strange combination. Not sure that it'll make it to my regular rotation.
This is so good and quick to put together. I did add some butter and parmesan cheese to the noodles that I cooked until just about tender. The tomato sauce was flavored with garlic and I used two cans instead of one. I found garlic flavored crescent rolls and they were a little overwhelming so I will use regular crescent rolls next time. I would also add a bit of spaghetti sauce for our taste. Easy to make, very tasty, and a great family meal. Thank you hon for posting!