Crescent Roll Casserole
photo by flower7
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce or (15 ounce) can low-sodium tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream (I use the Daisy brand)
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- cooking spray
- Brown beef until no longer pink then drain excess grease.
- Add the tomato sauce, olive oil, spices, & 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese to the beef. Simmer on medium heat for 5 minutes. Remove from heat & stir in the sour cream.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F Lightly spray an 8x8 baking dish.
- Pull the crescent rolls apart but leave them in rectangle shape. (There should be 4 rectangles).
- Lay 2 of the rectangles in the bottom of the pan, side by side. Gently spread out to fit the bottom of the pan.
- Cover the crescent rolls with 4 slices of provolone cheese. (The cheese on the bottom helps keep the crescent rolls from becoming soggy from the sauce).
- Next add the beef mixture & then 4 more slices of cheese. Take the remaining 2 rectangles on top of the last layer of cheese.
- Lightly brush the melted butter over the crescent rolls & sprinkle the remaining parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 13 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Follower of Jesus: I have a strong faith in God & his love for all of us. He is the first & last in my life and it is my desire to tell others of His greatest gift to us...His Son. Explorer: I love to learn about new cultures & try new foods. While in Morocco I learned to appreciate the use of spices. Wife: I'm married to my best friend. Sister: I am the oldest of six children. Mother: My son lives in CA while my daughter lives close to me. Grandmother: My beautiful granddaughter has stolen my heart.