Recipe by IronChefNicole
Old fashioned Italian Christmas cookies. Very easy to make and yummy too! This recipe was adopted from Taste of Home.
Top Review by kcarey44
Tasty cookies and batter made almost what was expected. Our problem was that cook time along with oven temperature did not match. We had to increase cooking time to be sure cookies were done but the bottoms got a bit brown. Not sure how to fix this. Frosting on top of the cookies was delish. Overall a really good recipe!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) carton ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3 -4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 -4 tablespoons milk
- colored sprinkles
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in ricotta and vanilla.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a bowl, cream butter, sugar and vanilla. Add enough milk until frosting reaches spreading consistency. Frost cooled cookies and immediately decorate with sprinkles. Store in the refrigerator.