Old fashioned Italian Christmas cookies. Very easy to make and yummy too! This recipe was adopted from Taste of Home.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) carton ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3 -4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 -4 tablespoons milk
- colored sprinkles
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in ricotta and vanilla.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a bowl, cream butter, sugar and vanilla. Add enough milk until frosting reaches spreading consistency. Frost cooled cookies and immediately decorate with sprinkles. Store in the refrigerator.