Lannette's Frosted Chocolate Drop Cookies
photo by FLUFFSTER
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa (or according to taste)
- 2 1⁄2 - 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 tablespoons hot milk
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cream butter and sugar; add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Add cocoa, then sour cream; beat till well blended.
- Sift remaining dry ingredients together, then add to creamed mixture.
- Drop from rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake cookies 8 to 10 minutes. Frost while still hot.
- For frosting, combine all ingredients, and beat well. Start with 2-1/2 cups of the powdered sugar, and add more if needed. Frosting should be slightly thin.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I really liked these cookies! The texture and consistency are great. I really wish they had a richer chocolate flavor. A half cup of cocoa wasn't enough for me for this size batch of cookies. I will definitely add more next time, but overall, I really like this recipe. The icing is really good, too. I will be adding more cocoa to that as well.