Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Easy and delicious.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 9 ounces fresh cheese ravioli
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add bell pepper, onion, garlic, basil, fennel seeds and crushed red pepper flakes and saute until vegetables are just tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add broth. Cover pot and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add zucchini and carrot. Cover and simmer until carrot is almost tender, about 5 minutes.
- Increase heat to high and bring soup to boil. Add ravioli and boil until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and cook just until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Season soup with salt and pepper. Serve topped with Parmesan cheese.