Top Review by Caseylaine
I should have known this was a Kittencal recipe! I loved it as I do everything else I've tried of yours. There's several pesto pasta salad recipes out there but this one caught my eye because of the dressing. Great job once again.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs penne (or large pasta of choice) or 1 1⁄2 lbs spiral pasta (or large pasta of choice)
- 2 -3 tablespoons oil
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped (Roma tomatoes)
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken (can use more)
- salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup prepared pesto sauce (use homemade or purchased, for a stronger flavor increase to 1-1/4 cups)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach (thawed and squeezed dry)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise (do not use salad dressing)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling water until al dente (do not overcook the pasta; drain in a colander then rinse well under cold water.
- Drain the pasta well in the colander.
- Place the pasta in a large bowl then toss with 2-3 tablespoons oil.
- Add in chopped tomatoes and cooked cubed chicken; toss to coat.
- For the dressing; in a processor puree the prepared pesto with the spinach and lemon juice.
- Add in the mayonnaise and pulse until blended.
- Add the mayo mixture to the pasta mixture; toss to combine.
- Mix in the Parmesan cheese then season with salt and pepper.