Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I use my Kittencal's Perfect Pesto for this salad you may use your own favorite, this is best if served right after it is made or you can refrigerate until ready to serve, feel free to throw in some pine nuts :)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs penne (or large pasta of choice) or 1 1⁄2 lbs spiral pasta (or large pasta of choice)
- 2 -3 tablespoons oil
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped (Roma tomatoes)
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken (can use more)
- salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup prepared pesto sauce (use homemade or purchased, for a stronger flavor increase to 1-1/4 cups)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach (thawed and squeezed dry)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise (do not use salad dressing)
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling water until al dente (do not overcook the pasta; drain in a colander then rinse well under cold water.
- Drain the pasta well in the colander.
- Place the pasta in a large bowl then toss with 2-3 tablespoons oil.
- Add in chopped tomatoes and cooked cubed chicken; toss to coat.
- For the dressing; in a processor puree the prepared pesto with the spinach and lemon juice.
- Add in the mayonnaise and pulse until blended.
- Add the mayo mixture to the pasta mixture; toss to combine.
- Mix in the Parmesan cheese then season with salt and pepper.
I should have known this was a Kittencal recipe! I loved it as I do everything else I've tried of yours. There's several pesto pasta salad recipes out there but this one caught my eye because of the dressing. Great job once again.