Recipe by Manami
Mr Food, Airdate - 08/14/06. If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 15 to 20 minutes.
- 8 wooden skewers or 8 metal skewers
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks
- 1 eggplant, skin on, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 onions, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3⁄4 cup Italian dressing
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce, warmed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Thread the chicken, eggplant, and onion alternately on each skewer. (Be sure to pierce the skin of the eggplant with the skewers to keep it from falling off the skewers.)
- Baste each kebab completely with the Italian dressing; discard any leftover marinade.
- Grill the kebabs for 6 to 7 minutes per side, until the chicken is cooked through and no pink remains.
- Remove the kebabs to a serving platter and top with spaghetti sauce.