Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Tasty chicken burgers. Great on the grill. Can be pan fried or even baked (for those winter nights when it's too cold to grill outside!)
- 1 lb ground chicken (or turkey)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (the shaker kind)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, finely grated
- Combine all ingredients until well blended.
- Form into patties.
- Grill or cook until juices no longer pink inside.
- When I have these on a bun, I use pasta or pizza sauce as a condiment instead of the usual burger toppings.
These are so good! They are actually better than good--they are fantastic! I used fresh grated Parmesan and dried, minced garlic and followed everything else to a T. I think you could make a low-carb chicken Parmesan by using a marinara sauce and a bit of mozzarella on top. C & D's Mom, thank you for a wonderful recipe. This is a keeper!
Delicious burger. I followed the recipe exactly and the result was very good. I grilled them in my grill pan. Served them with some sauteed mushrooms. :)
Very good. I was a little concerned at first that the mix of spices would be overpowering. It wasn't this combination worked well. I served this with Cauliflower "mashed potatos" for a very low-carb and very satisfying meal.