Recipe by Redsie
Delicious! I used a Kraft recipe which I changed a bit and it came out great!
Top Review by Boomette
I cheated a little bit. I was too lazy to flatten the chicken breasts, so I put the mixture of cheese on top of the chicken breasts and cooked in the oven for at least 30 minutes. It was yummy. Thanks Redsie. Made for Gimme 5 tag game
- 1 cup shredded light mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves, pounded to 1/4-inch thickness (1 lb.)
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce or 1 cup tomato sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT oven to 400°F.
- Mix 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese, the cream cheese, peppers, oregano and garlic salt until well blended.
- Shape into 4 logs.
- Place 1 log on one of the short ends of each chicken breast; press into chicken lightly.
- Roll up each chicken breast tightly, tucking in ends of chicken around filling to completely enclose filling.
- PLACE, seam-sides down, in 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Spoon spaghetti or tomato sauce evenly over chicken; cover with foil.
- BAKE 35 minute or until chicken is cooked through (170°F).
- Remove foil; sprinkle chicken with remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
- Bake an additional 3 to 5 minute or until cheese is melted.