1/3 Photos of Italian Casserole (Rigatoni and Cheese With Tomato Sauce)
Cheap and easy and tasty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook rigatoni according to package directions until al dente; drain.
- 3Combine tomato sauce with seasonings, and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minuntes.
- 4Add sauce to pasta and toss to coat.
- 5In a baking dish, arrange pasta and cheese in layers, ending with cheese.
- 6Pour melted butter over all.
- 7Bake, covered, for 15 minutes.
- 8Uncover, and bake for another 15 minutes.
- 9To freeze: Undercook pasta by a minute or two. Assemble dish as directed. Wrap with plastic wrap and then foil. Label and freeze.
- 10To serve: Thaw in fridge. Remove plastic wrap and recover with foil. Bake as directed for 20 minutes. Then uncover and bake 15 more minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Casserole (Rigatoni and Cheese With Tomato Sauce)
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 458.3
- Calories from Fat 216
- Total Fat 24.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 104.4 mg
- Sodium 727.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 19.9 g