Prep 0 mins
Cook 18 mins
This pizza is unusual because it doesn't taste like the pizza you would normally eat. It has no crust. The biscuit pieces take the place of the pizza dough. It is very good, though, and easy to make.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can pizza sauce or 1 (15 ounce) can spaghetti sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) can Pillsbury refrigerated biscuits
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Brown ground beef in large skillet or pan over medium heat until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain and add pizza or spaghetti sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Separate dough from biscuits into 8 biscuits. Cut each biscuit into 8 pieces. Add to ground beef mixture. Stir gently.
- Spoon mixture into ungreased 13x9-in. pan.
- Bake 18-23 minutes, or until sauce is bubbly and biscuits are golden brown. Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Return to oven. Bake until cheese is bubbly.
- Cut into 8 squares.
Very easy to make! I might have liked it a bit better if I had used pizza sauce. I used spaghetti sauce and it tasted pretty much just like spaghetti, except with bread instead of noodles.
My family enjoyed this meal. It gave them the pizza fix without having to spend the time making it. It was quick, easy, and tasteful. Just what I look for being busy all the time. Thank you for posting a great recipe!!
I don't really understand what I was supposed to accomplish. It came out tasting like... well... like a lb of ground beef and a can of pizza sauce, with some tasty biscuits thrown in. It was a lasagne of ground beef.