Recipe by l0ve2c00k
My two favorite veggies come together! This is a great way of eating veggies. Courtesy of Easy Entertaining Cookbook!
Top Review by LoriInIndiana
If you combine tomatoes with cheese, you make my dh happy. When you add in the broccoli to add some additional nutrition to it, you make me happy to serve it to him. Plus broccoli is one of my youngest two favorite vegetables. Thanks for taking the monotony out of broccoli! (For PAC Spring '07, just forgot to review, oops.)
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook brocolli in boiling water until crisp and tender.
- Remove from heat and drain.
- Place in a medium salad bowl. Stir in tomatoes, italian seasoning, parsley, salt, pepper.
- Microwave un covered at High for 2-4 minutes or until tomatoes are hot.
- Sprinkle with cheese and microwave 1 more minute until cheese is melted.