Low-Carb Pizza Casserole
photo by alcuin18
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 cups no-sugar-added marinara sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano, plus
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mushroom, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper, diced (any color will do)
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green olives, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt, plus
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat until melted but not browned. Add ground beef, season with pinch of salt and pepper, 1/2 teaspoon oregano, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, and 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt, and cook until slightly browned, about 3-4 minutes.
- Pour all of marinara sauce into the skillet. Add both olives, bell pepper, mushrooms, 1 teaspoon oregano, pinch of salt and pepper, 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt, and cook until vegetables soften, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer contents of skillet into a large casserole dish. Top with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese, then sprinkle top with garlic powder (this will crisp as it bakes and form a nice topping), and bake for about 10-15 minutes or until sauce bubbles at the edge and cheese browns slightly. Enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!