Recipe by Lorac
Boston's North End is famous for it's Italian markets, restaurants and saint's day weekend festivals and I miss it so much! I was thrilled to find "The North End Italian Cookbook" by Marguerite Buonopane.
Top Review by Michelle S.
What a way to make ground beef taste gourmet! This is spectacular! I followed the directions as written, but served the pattie on a large piece of garlic toast with the sauce drizzled over. My DD was standing next to me while it cooked drooling, she could not wait for it to be done. The patties are fantastic, and the sauce is heavenly. This will be made often in our house. A definite MUST TRY recipe!
- 1 lb ground round
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 egg yolks
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, mix together beef, cheese, egg yolks, salt and pepper and form into 6 patties.
- Heat 2 tbls butter in a heavy skillet over medium high heat, brown patties on both sides, reduce heat to medium and cook until juices are pink.
- Remove patties and cover with foil.
- Add oil, 1 tbls butter and onion to the pan and cook over medium heat until onion is golden brown.
- Add cream and vinegar and cook on low 2 minutes.
- Pour sauce over patties and serve.