Italian Beef Patties
- Ready In:
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup provolone cheese or 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- In a bowl, with a whisk, mix egg, breadcrumbs, garlic, water, italian seasoning and half salt and pepper. Add ground beef and stir with a fork. With wet hands, do 4 patties of 1/2 inch thickness.
- In an ovenproof skillet, heat oil at medium high heat. Add beef patties and cook about 6 minutes or until bottom is golden. With a spatula, flip the patties and keep cooking 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another bowl, mix tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, parsley and remaining salt and pepper until homogeneous. With a spoon, spread this mixture on the patties. Add the shredded cheese on top.
- Cook under the preheated broil in oven 4 inches below the heat for about 4 minutes or until cheese begins to brown and beef is not pink inside.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These taste like juicy little meatloafs, with bruschetta topping. Tasty, but I thought the amount of Italian seasoning was a too much. It tasted overly "herby." I think maybe one teaspoon would have been more then enough. I really liked the topping, but there was more of it than could fit on top of the patties, so I just used the leftovers as garnish when they were plated.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><strong><span>I'm the host of Bargain Basement tag game in the cooking game forum. You're welcome to play anytime. You'll be surprised to find great recipes that were never reviewed. <br /></span></strong></p> <p>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~</p> <p><strong><span>I want to say a big thank you to everyone who tries my recipes and post photos. I don't always have the time to say thanks to each of you but be sure it's so appreciated :)</span></strong></p> <p>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~</p> <p> </p> <p><img src=http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z205/jubespage/zwt6%20banners%20and%20photos/captain.jpg alt=width=150 height=200 /></p> <p><br /><img src=http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c175/emmyduckie/zwt/ZwizzleBadge.jpg alt=width=200 height=300 /><br /> <br /><a title=banner3 href=http://www.flickr.com/photos/26630178@N05/3510953178></a><img src=http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3387/3510953178_b35b3086a8.jpg alt=banner3 width=500 height=250 /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/captain.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/PAC08Main.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> By Brooke The Cook in WI <br /><img src=http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r317/j_welcome/pics2/food/PRMRcopy.jpg alt=/ /> <br /><a href=http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?p=3510511#3510511> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /> <br /> <br /></a><a title=Photo href=http://www.flickr.com/photos/boomette1/514183676></a><img src=http://farm1.static.flickr.com/252/514183676_f79b486466_m.jpg alt=good width=240 height=137 /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/smPACp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /></p> <p><img src=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/annacia/Permanent%20Banners/ZTAA-sm.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /></p> <p><img src=http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/BANNERS/Pets-STKR.jpg alt=width=200 height=200 /></p>