Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Mmmm... mozzarella! Try this grilled cheese sandwich with the Italian twist! If you haven't tried it before, pesto is one of the best condiments to use on a hot sandwich. Instead of cooking the sandwiches in a skillet, you can use your panini press just as easily. This recipe is from a Canadian cheese magazine. Enjoy!
- Slice paninis in half. Spread pesto onto each half.
- Evenly distribute both cheeses and peppers on four bottom halves and top with four top halves.
- Heat skillet over medium-low heat.
- Cook sandwiches approximately 5 minutes on each side while applying pressure to flatten them.
- Sandwich is ready when bread is browned and cheese is melted.
Do I fess up or not? Ok, I'll acknowledge being a slacker after reading the other reviews. I used everything store bought: fire roasted peppers in a jar, pesto, cheeses and bread. I don't even feel at all guilty about it. The sandwich was very tasty and quite easy, lol. I don't always have all of these things on hand but when I do this will be making a return performance. Lots of good flavor from a few ingredients. :D
Delish. I left off the Parmesan but otherwise made as directed using frozen grilled pepper slices and cooking in my panini press.
This panini is so good. My son didn't want to taste it when he saw me put pesto. But finally he tasted it, and he ate half of my panini. He liked it. It's so yummy. We all loved it. I used homemade roasted peppers. Thanks Nif :) Made for Market tag game