I just threw this together tonight and my family liked the attempt. However, it is missing something. We just can't seem to agree on what. If anyone attempts to make this and finds that missing ingredient, I will add it and give credit. :-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) package egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch cube
- 1 (8 ounce) package baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup roasted red pepper, sliced into small strips
- 1 (10 ounce) package Philadelphia Original Cooking Creme
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- white pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 1Cook egg noodles according to package directions.
- 2In a saute pan, saute onions and garlic in olive oil until onions are clear.
- 3Add chicken and heat until browned.
- 4Add mushrooms and cook until softened.
- 5Mix chicken broth with cooking creme and poor over chicken mixture.
- 6Add roasted red pepper and spices and allow to simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- 7If too thin (mine was). Mix a teaspoon of cornstarch with a little more chicken broth (1/8 cup?) and add to pan. Mix well to thicken.
- 8Serve over egg noodles.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for It Needs Something - Creamy Chicken and Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 427.1
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 112.2 mg
- Sodium 436.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 29.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Philadelphia Original Cooking Creme