Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is recipe from Belize that I found on the caribbeanchoice.com website, and I liked that it received such favorable reviews. I really enjoy fresh local ingredients that are so abundant in this recipe. It's one of the things that makes island cuisine so enjoyable, I think.
- 453.59 g fresh red snapper fillet
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 2 green peppers, cut into medium sized pieces
- 1 Spanish onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 14.79 ml hot pepper sauce
- Cut red snapper into 1-inch cubes; set aside.
- In a large frying pan, combine olive oil, green pepper, onion and garlic. Sauté for 5-8 minutes over a medium hot heat. Add hot pepper sauce into sizzling pan. Add red snapper to mixture, and stir until coated well. Cover and cook for approximately 5-6 minutes. Stir and cook for another 5-6 minutes.
- Serve over white rice or pasta. Shrimp, lobster tail, scallops, or crab meat, may be used as a tasty alternative to fish. Serve with a fresh tossed green salad.
WOW - so fresh and healthy...you can really enjoy the fish. The hot sauce is the main flavor. I used very fresh yellowtail snapper and served over whole wheat pearl couscous. Great recipe!