Recipe by TXOLDHAM
Adapted from "Small Batch Baking" by Debby Maugans Nakos. This book is great for small families or empty nesters!
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon sour cream, well stirred
- 1 tablespoon eggs or 1 tablespoon egg substitute, well beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour, plus
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped and toasted (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or non-stick spray.
- Place first 3 ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat on medium speed until creamy. Add the beaten egg and vanilla. Beat until mixture is well blended.
- Place flour, baking soda and cinnamon (if using) in a small bowl and whisk to blend. Add this dry mixture to butter mixture a little at a time and stir well. Stir in oats, raisins and nuts.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheet. Bake until brown - about 15 minutes.
- Alternative: for thin, crisp cookies, omit sour cream and reduce the flour to 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons. Bake 17 minutes.