Recipe by ~Leslie~
Salmon fillets marinated in Irish whiskey and honey have a glazed look as well as a superb taste and texture. Irish whiskey has a slightly peppery taste. A delicious combination! From Food and Drink. Prep time includes marinating time.
Top Review by MCaren
Very good and easy. I was skeptical about the need for the Irish Whiskey (I didn't think you'd be able to taste it), but it was there -- a very subtle and nice flavor. (And I don't like whiskey at all...) We only marinated ours for about 40 minutes because we were in a rush but it was still delicious. Thanks Leslie!
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup Irish whiskey
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together honey, vinegar, whiskey, thyme, lemon zest, oil, salt and pepper. Pour over salmon and marinate 1 hour on the counter, or 4 hours refrigerated.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Remove salmon from marinade and place on a rack over a roasting pan.
- Grill or Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, basting once with the marinade or until golden and white juices are just beginning to appear.