Recipe by Mille®
This is an easy way to prepare a special dessert. This sauce can be served over ice cream or any other dessert that you would put a sauce on. I have not tried this myself (yet!)
- 1 (20 ounce) can sweet cherries
- 1⁄2 teaspoon arrowroot
- 1 medium cinnamon stick
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 fluid ounces Irish whiskey, heated
- 2 fluid ounces kirsch, heated
- 16 fluid ounces vanilla ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the cherries, reserving the juice.
- Combine the reserved juice and arrowroot, blending well.
- Pour into a preheated flat shallow chafing dish, and stir and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the cinnamon stick and lemon juice, and then add the cherries and heat to boiling.
- Remove the cinnamon stick and pour on the preheated liquors and ignite.
- Ladle the flamed cherries over ice cream or other desserts.