Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
My aunt asks for this every year for Christmas. It is great to take to work for lunches, or for a quick snack or meal.
- 1 3⁄4 cups instant mashed potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered milk
- 2 tablespoons instant chicken bouillon
- 2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon turmeric
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Place items in desired container (jar or bag).
- Attach tag with preparation directions.
- Stir 1/2 cup of prepared mix into 1 cup boiling water.
- ****As a new variation for soup at home, I have been making very thin instant mashed potatoes, using chicken broth and milk for the liquid, then adding an assortment of seasonings (depends on what is on hand) like turmeric, parsley, seasoning blends, or even some flavored sea salts.
- I also like to change it up with cheese, bacon, chives, even some sour cream on top for a loaded baked potato feel.
Awesome! Tasty and quick. Perfect to keep on hand at the office.
This is delicious! DH loves mashed potatoes and potato soup and all I had was instant potatoes on hand. He's sick right now, and this is pretty much all he can eat. I used 1 and 1/2 c mixture to 2 c water plus 2 T butter to make a thick soup. This reminds me of those Stuffed Potato cups that used to be available in stores. I'll add some cheese and chives next time. Definitely a mix to keep on hand for household and gifts! Thank you for posting!!! :)