Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I know that purists will be horrified, but these are quick, easy and delicious for a work night dinner. Serve with applesauce and/or sour cream. These do not require much oil, and can easily be fried on a hot griddle, to make them faster. Just brush the griddle with oil before placing the batter. Instead of chopping the green onion, just snip it into rings with kitchen shears. (My sister says that the milk can be replaced with chicken stock, but I have not tried it).
- Combine potato flakes, baking powder and flour in a medium bowl. Mix well.
- Combine milk (or stock), eggs and oil in another bowl. Beat well.
- Add green onion and spices to wet ingredients.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry.
- Using a fork, blend until large lumps are gone. Batter should be slightly lumpy.
- In 10 inch nonstick skillet heat oil or heat griddle to about 375 degrees
- Drop 1/3 c.batter into skillet or onto griddle.
- Cook until bottoms of pancakes are browned and bubbles on surface begin to break. Flip pancakes and brown other side.
- Remove to serving plate and serve with applesauce and/or sour cream.
Now I thought hard before trying this because I'm an all from scratch kind of gal but honestly these are pretty good. And quick which some nights around here is very important. Thanks for the recipe!