Prep 3 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Cooking Light Try serving this with toasted tortilla wedges.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans no-salt-added black beans, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup bottled salsa
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 (16 ounce) can reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 5 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- 5 tablespoons minced green onions
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Place beans and liquid in a medium saucepan; partially mash beans with a potato masher.
- Place over high heat; stir in salsa, chili powder, and broth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Ladle soup into bowls; top with sour cream, onions, and cilantro.
This soup is GREAT!!!! My DH says this is now his favorite soup. Added 3/4 cup homemade salsa ( Chili's Salsa-59635). Sprinkled some cumin, garlic and onion powder into the soup. Served with baked corn tortilla wedges. We plan on having this once a week now. If you are looking for a delicious, quick, healthy soup, (and you love Cilantro) I highly recommend this.
Okay - super improvised on this recipe. Made 1/2 recipe - did not use broth (wanted it thicker), usually make my own chili powder but am out so simply added seasons I knew I would like (onion, garlic, cumin, and some salt.) served it over crushed tortilla chips and ended up having to share because it filled me smooth up to the top. filling, yummy, and will make again.
Great soup and so easy! Even better the next day. I made it with vegetable broth for my vegetarian daughter. Also added greated cheese as a garnish.