Black Bean Soup
- Ready In:
- 2 (16 ounce) cans black beans, undrained, divided
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 (16 ounce) jar chunky salsa
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup plain yogurt (optional)
- fresh cilantro leaves
- PLACE 1 can of beans with liquid and broth in blender or food processor; cover. Blend until smooth. Coat large saucepan with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
- ADD blended bean mixture, remaining beans and liquid, salsa, lime juice, cumin and crushed red pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 25 to 30 minutes. Serve topped with yogurt. Garnish with cilantro.
Join The Conversation