Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is one of my mom's recipes. I always have her make them for...well...anything! They taste awesome and it's very hard to eat just one. Enjoy!
- 24 -36 medium strawberries
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream or 2 tablespoons Kahlua
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- Wash your berries,cut off stems and hollow out a bit to resemble a small cup.
- Place chocolate chips and cream or Kahlua into a small bowl and nuke for 30 seconds on high.If not melted continue for 10 seconds each time until melted.
- Set aside until cooled just a bit.
- In a separate bowl,beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until fluffy.
- Add the chocolate mixture to cream cheese mixture and beat until combined.
- Put the finished mixture into a Ziploc bag and fill those strawberries up. Heap the chocolate onto the top a bit.
- Put them into the fridge for at least an hour and they last up to 24 hours -- if you can keep your hands off of them for that long. :).
These babies are just plain amazing! I used half & half instead of heavy cream because it was on hand; the filling was still very creamy. Because I was serving these for a 4th of July themed party, I placed a blueberry on top of the chocolate on each strawberry. I lost that cute little peak of chocolate, but it was a great presentation for the occasion. The guests loved them. One tip to make working with the berries a bit easier is to snip the tip of the strawberry off. This makes it easy to stand the berries up on plate after you have filled them with the chocolate. You don't have to take off much of the berry for it to work. Thanks for posting - this is a gem of a recipe!
Loved it! Made half a recipe and we ate all but two. Will make again soon. Used my grapefruit spoon to get the inside large enough for the filling. Was so easy. Be sure to use a freezer bag and not a sandwich bag. Mine broke after the first one.